Glitch Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampire the Eternal Struggle

+6
FaIrY_HaPPy
shd0w
Eblis
donweir
Rolodium
Kraus
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vampire the Eternal Struggle - Page 2 Empty Re: Vampire the Eternal Struggle

Post  Eblis Wed May 04, 2011 3:42 pm

I'm ok with it I just wish I was consulted a bit more about it, rather than finding out that cards have just been ordered and not knowing exactly what is coming. I guess it's exciting, but just abit surreal.
Eblis
Eblis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Wed May 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Eblis wrote:I'm ok with it I just wish I was consulted a bit more about it, rather than finding out that cards have just been ordered and not knowing exactly what is coming. I guess it's exciting, but just abit surreal.
Oh, fuck! Mad And here I am, thinking that I took all precautions! I texted Daire, double checked, consulted Zakk for quite some time, and something in my head just told me that "Yeah, it's okay, now everyone knows what's happening."

Which obviously didn't happen. Trying to be too careful led to me being not nearly careful at all. I'm terribly sorry about that, Stuart. That was totally my bad, and should you still want to withdraw I'll pay for your share myself.

I feel such an ass.

Also, everyone's getting everything. Smile I'll let you decide what to do with them. What I'd advice is having a communion stash, so that you own the cards as a group, but then again I realize the possible problems with that. However you want to do it.

But once again - I'm so bleedin' sorry about that! I was thinking of checking for the hundreadth of times, which ended up being a hundread only in my head and like a third time in real life, but for some unknown reason didn't do it.

Just a word, Stuart, and I hold you in no way obliged to paying anything for anything. Neutral
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eblis Thu May 05, 2011 5:39 am

Don't worry it about man, it's cool, was taken aback when I saw that the cards had been ordered. I didn't know what to make of it, if I was getting a share or if I had been left out or even what had been ordered. So yeah, was more worried than annonied about the lack of inclusion. I shall pay my share of the bill, so don't worry about element of things, I won't back out of because of a minor miscommunication. Don't beat yourself up over it Petrus, it's happened, it's been resolved, and I don't bear any animosity over what has happened. So lets just forget about it, water under the bridge and all that and focus on other things, like what to do with all these cards. Very Happy

As far as the cards go I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement, that will keep everybody happy. Although it's probably best to wait till we have the cards before deciding what will happen, I think we can discuss the options.

I don't think we should divide the cards up, at least not intially, we are still new to the game and finding our feet, we will make mistakes and learn as we go along. If the cards are owned by the group then it is easier to rebuild decks or disband them and create them from scratch.

Although people have a bit of knowledge of Vampire, there is still a lot still to learn, there is a tonne of stuff I don't know either. Everybody has their favorite clan, or at least one that they like, so they'll probably default to them in deck form. But the way that the clan plays itn VtES might be different from how they act in VtM. In the rpg you might just latch onto an element of the clan that intrigues you, but the clan as a whole might be completely different. In a nut shell, just because you like the clan doesn't mean you'll enjoy their play style in VtES.

At least if the cards are kept in the group then everybody has a chance to try stuff out and find out what they really like playing. It is the most flexible arrangement, as to who keeps hold of the cards that is something else entirely, I personally think Daire is the obvious and best choice as their keeper.

Anyway we can talk about it more this weekend.

I would also like to say thanks to Petrus for introducing me to this wonderful game, teaching me how to play it, and for getting us set up it is greatly appreciated. Very Happy
Eblis
Eblis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Thu May 05, 2011 6:02 am

That arrangement sound good to me. That's how I would advice you to do it. Smile

Also, a nice idea might be opening the starers one at a time, and having an actual game with juts the starters before going into further detail of deck building. Like, first have a game (or two if you enjoyed the starters) with Keepers of Tradition, since they are arguably the easiest to pick up, and just have a game or a couple with them only. Then put them aside once you're done, have a go with 3rd Ed starters, and lastly see what the Kindred Most Wanted feel like. The KMW set for last because they are without a doubt the hardest decks to play with, but have a shitload of interesting and powerful cards to include in others.

Lastly, when you've got a decent grip of what kind of a starter everything is, have a game or two with mixed starters - possibly Daire taking the Gangrel from KMW, Stuart choosing the Tscimize, Jodie gunning people down with Toreador from KoT, and Zakk making weird rituals with the Tremere.

Only after you've gone through the starters and learned what they are like, I'd advice going into deck building - unless you feel very confident! This way you'll learn many different aspects of the game, and learn how many different kinds of cards work.

This doesn't include the vampires from Blood Shadowed Court, because vampries aren't that difficult to tackle. If you're willing, you could make adjustments to the crypt to all of your liking pretty early in the testing curve, but touching the libraries might be trickier, and you should try out the starters before doing any of that.

And Stuart is right. How your favorite clan works in VtM, it might not be the clan for you in VtES. But don't worry about it, many clans can be modified to take on various roles - for example the Toreador starter from KoT is a combat heavy gunslinger archtype, which has loads of intercept and packs a punch in close combat, but the Toreador you saw earlier was a political deck, with very little combat efficiency.

Pretty psyched myself. Smile

Oh, and:

Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Ed - Dugneon Master's Guide, page 4, "The Dungeon master", 4th paragraph wrote:If you're the sort of person who likes to provide fun to your friends, or to come up with vampiric ideas, then you're an ideal canditate for a Metuselah.
Twisted Evil
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Knash3r Thu May 05, 2011 8:58 am

Recent Vampire the Eternal Struggle Order

Just so everyone knows and is happy with everything here is the current standings of the order

Total Price :£100

Amount to be paid each
: £25

Members involved :

Daire (myself)
Jodie
Stuart
Zakk

Contents of the order:

1X The Kindred Most Wanted set

1X The Third Edition Sabbat set

1X The Keepers of Tradition set

Contents of each Piece (Click deck to see contents of deck):

The Kindred Most Wanted set has four Preconstructed Decks

The Third Edition Sabbat set has four Preconstructed Decks

The Keepers of Tradition set has four Preconstructed Decks

All of these combined is equal to a massive 1200 card stack, pretty resonable if you think about the figures

I will be purchaseing these also tonight : 200 Red Glass Pebbles

Im happy to pay for these as without these we arent going to be playing many games Laughing

Any questions concerning the order im sure petrus will be happy to answer Smile or if you wish i can also answer any questions Smile

Thanks pirat
Knash3r
Knash3r
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Eblis Thu May 05, 2011 9:14 am

Cheers for posting all that Daire, it is very useful information. There seems to be a lot of interesting decks there. I already know which ones I'm dying to sink my teeth into, it's a pun, get it! Because they're vampires. Ah Hellsing Abridged... the joys you bring... Very Happy

I'm happy enough to chip in some cash for the glass peebles, I would also suggest card protectors and a few deck boxes as well, yes it is added expense but to protect the investment I think it is worth a few extra quid.
Eblis
Eblis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Thu May 05, 2011 9:41 am

Eblis wrote:Cheers for posting all that Daire, it is very useful information. There seems to be a lot of interesting decks there. I already know which ones I'm dying to sink my teeth into, it's a pun, get it! Because they're vampires. Ah Hellsing Abridged... the joys you bring... Very Happy
Just out of curiosity - what are you thinking? Smile
I'm happy enough to chip in some cash for the glass peebles, I would also suggest card protectors and a few deck boxes as well, yes it is added expense but to protect the investment I think it is worth a few extra quid.
Deck boxes aren't that much of a neccessity, but the sleeves are a definite must eventually. It's a good thing those aren't that expensive at all, if you don't want any stupid and fancy dragon pictures or titties on them. And you don't, trust me. Very Happy

Oh, and thanks, Daire! I was thinking of doing that, but you pulled it off way better than I could've!

Also, if you want to see the card pictures, do the search at: www.vtes.pl

Krausedit\\
Daire forgot to add the contents of the Vampire pack you will also receive:

Blood Shadowed Court

Contains 15 vampires for Brujah, Malkavian, Toreador, Ventrue, Tremere and Nosferatu each, as well as 10 Sabbat vampires of various clans.
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Knash3r Thu May 05, 2011 10:47 am

Before i order sleeves and boxs is there any preffered designs anyone wants?

Link me an ebay link and ill get it sorted

ill wait until tomorrow to order unless i get everyones thoughts tonight
Knash3r
Knash3r
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Thu May 05, 2011 10:58 am

Knash3r wrote:Before i order sleeves and boxs is there any preffered designs anyone wants?

Link me an ebay link and ill get it sorted

ill wait until tomorrow to order unless i get everyones thoughts tonight
Everything that says Deck Protector or Ultra Pro in them should be good - as long as it's Pokemon or MtG sized, not Yu Gi Oh sized.

These are the lowest quality, I think, which get the job done well enough, but are bound to be ruined eventually in use, and are pretty tricky to shuffle in my opinion.

I would order these. A 100 sleeve pack should be enough for a deck: 12 vampires and up to 88 library cards.

You can always go with coloured protectors, and I personally prefer black in that case - the colours tend to be pretty bright and pastellic, but that is an issue of preferance. Razz Deck Protector's coloured sleeves are of good quality.

Just make sure you don't buy YuGiOh sized sleeves! They are too small for MtG or VtES cards to fit into.

There's one thing to consider: The 3rd edition was printed in China instead of Europe/USA, and they messed the printing up in the sense that the backgrounds were mirrored compared to any other set. So, if you have transparent sleeves, and only 10 or so 3rd ed cards in your deck, there's a chance somone might know what's coming up next in the deck. But then again, when playing casual with friends that shouldn't be a problem at all, and in general no one cares. People are usually way too into the game to notice such details. But if you're a perfectionist type, it might be a good idea to buy coloured sleeves in the first place. Smile But that's all about aesthetics. Buy whatever.
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Knash3r Thu May 05, 2011 11:55 am

This is what i thought would be the best

4 X Deck Boxs

Then i thought a mixture of colours to choose from for Deck Protectors: Red, Black, Blue, Green

Red Sleeves

Black Sleeves

Blue Sleeves

Green Sleeves

For the Deck Protectors ill likely be buying my own personal design out of a selection from this guys shop

Link to Shop

If anyone else would like something different from the store other than the plain colours let me know and ill sort it out Smile

Counters wise ill purchase these:

200 Red Glass Pebbles

So overall prices look like this:

In total: £41:88

Average Each: £10:50

If anyone has any problems or issues with the above please let me know as soon as you can and ill do my best to resolve the issue Smile

I will not purchase anything until tomorrow around 2:00pm

Thanks

pirat

Last edited by Knash3r on Thu May 05, 2011 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knash3r
Knash3r
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Thu May 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Watch out! The deck boxes page say that they can hold up to 80 cards. Vampire decks are usually 80-100 cards. I don't know if you could manage a deck into one or not, but you better reconsider, or do some research.
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Knash3r Thu May 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Changed the link to different boxs, what you think?
Knash3r
Knash3r
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Thu May 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Knash3r wrote:Changed the link to different boxs, what you think?
Yep, description says can hold up to 110 cards. (: Should be ideal. Also, black's always in.

Gotta admit, the Fire Breather sleeves from your link were pretty cool.

And yeah, I do other stuff too than hang around here: books, books, and more books. Just in case you wonder. pirat
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Thu May 05, 2011 1:47 pm

I put up a pile of ~90 cards from stuff I had a bit too much of, a third or so of them some equipment. Not that you would exactly need them, but variation's always cool. (: I'll bring them tomorrow evening.

See you guys at the gig!
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eblis Fri May 06, 2011 5:38 am

I'm happy enough for you to order those Daire, looks like it covers everything. Oh and I have the cards that Petrus gave trhe group I shall be bringing thoose to the gig, it is a very nice mix of cards there should be something for everyone.

Thanks once again to everyone who has put alot of time and effort in to getting this all sorted, it's really appreciated. Very Happy
Eblis
Eblis

Back to top Go down

Post  KHAN! Sat May 07, 2011 10:00 am

Sorry I've missed all of this, I've been both phone and internetless, meaning my access to communiactions has been zero. I'm glad to see you've sorted it all, the whole thing was extremely well organised. Looking forward to getting playing.

Anyone fancy a game tomorrow??
KHAN!
KHAN!
League of Dragons
League of Dragons

http://www.audioleak.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knash3r Sun May 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Eblis wrote:looks like it covers everything

Is that a pun by chance? Laughing

ORDER UPDATE

Accessiories have been ordered

Below is a complete order list so all can feel comfortable with what has been ordered Smile

Order List

Red Protective Sleeves : £5:50 (Zakk or Stuarts)

Black Protective Sleeves : £5:50 (Zakk or Stuarts)

Purple Protective Sleeves : £5:50 (Jodies)

Dragon Protective Sleeves : £5:40 (Mine pirat)

4 X Ultra Pro Deck Boxs : £4:00 Each

Overall Price each : £9:50

Overall Price
: £38:00

I shall not take any money off anyone until all items have arrived and you can see it in front of you Smile

Delivery Estimite : I'd say give it atleast 5 Working days too be on the safe side

If anyone has any questions or wants to see the links for the purchases ask away and i shall supply Smile
Knash3r
Knash3r
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Mon May 09, 2011 12:46 am

I was a horrible person and asked for money in advance from Stuart, Jodie and Daire - sorry about that! But I had a reason, and don't worry. You'll get a refund if stuff isn't what they were supposed to. (:

I treated you poorly in Dragondungeons, but I won't pirat you in real life. Wink
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Tue May 10, 2011 11:52 am

To keep track of where the package is going at the moment!

http://extranet.dpd.de/cgi-bin/delistrack?typ=1&lang=en&pknr=01675008681729

I don't really understand it too much. Anyone else can make better sense of it?
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eblis Tue May 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Well it has arrived in the UK, and it looks like it is some sort of depot, probably clearing customs at the moment, as Oldbury is close to Birmingham, which has quiet a sizable airport. So it should hopefully be on the move soon, probably be with you in a couple of days. Very Happy
Eblis
Eblis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Wed May 11, 2011 6:11 am

They just arrived! Very Happy

I'm going to open the package and check everything's there, and let's start opening the real things once we get together. Tomorrow, maybe? Very Happy If yer not around tonight!
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Knash3r Wed May 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Final Update on my order aswell, all has arrived Smile I will get all to everyone next time we meet Smile

Also regarding petrus's order i shall go and collect it on saturday from his house Smile

Unless someone wants there deck before then i have no trouble with Smile
Knash3r
Knash3r
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Wed May 11, 2011 4:45 pm

So many cards they are. :O

Also, most of the smilies on this forum software are stupid. Bleh.

I'm off for the English Nationals this weekend. I've no idea what to do, and it's horrible and I can't play and my decks suck and sniff sniss blargh. I can't even decide if I should go there just to have laughs with Baron's zombie madness, or try to be weird with Toreador. I can't make it to the finals anyways, so yeah. Smile

For those who're interested, the English promotor just won the Norwegian EC Qualifier tournament in Oslo. His tournament winning deck, and other stuff from the tournament can be found here:

http://vekn.net/index.php/forum/9-event-reports-and-twd/4327-tournament-report-norwegian-ecq-may-7th-2011

But don't take too much inspiration. Wink Just for those of you who are Zakk or Stuart and like to powercreep on their spare time. Those decks are dirty as hell, and so much bleh it's not even funny anymore. Especially that Liqudation + Ashur Tablets whatthefuck.
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraus Tue May 17, 2011 2:57 am

Mind a wee get together early Wednesday evening? Smile 6 o'clock sounds about right to me. Then on sunday another game. Let's just have relaxed games with a couple of starters. Those are pretty much the only days I'll have time to see you guys - not even so sure about the wednesday, 'cause of the bleedin' essay, but I think I'll just make time then! Wink
Kraus
Kraus

Back to top Go down

Post  Eblis Tue May 17, 2011 3:56 am

I'm sorry but I won't be able to do Wednesday I'll still be in Bangor on that day, I have a few things that I need to do, like getting my brother his birthday present. I'll be up on Thursday hopefully so could have a game then or Friday, Sunday is also good but depends how much everybody is suffering though Razz
Eblis
Eblis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next