Glitch Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dusk till Dawn Game

4 posters

Go down

Which game for Dusk till Dawn game?

Dusk till Dawn Game I_vote_lcap33%Dusk till Dawn Game I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Dusk till Dawn Game I_vote_lcap0%Dusk till Dawn Game I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Dusk till Dawn Game I_vote_lcap67%Dusk till Dawn Game I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Dusk till Dawn Game Empty Dusk till Dawn Game

Post  Eblis Sun May 15, 2011 4:07 am

So you can see the options, some of which you will be familiar with others you won't be. The game will be a one shot session you will have from Dusk till Dawn to complete your task whatever it is and if the sun rises before you succeed you will die. This will be a serious game relying heavily on role playing, it will be a horror game as well, so if you joke about or fool around you won't get the full effect. I have never done this before so it will be an experience for everyone involved.

On to the game systems:

Vampire the Masquerade:
Everybody should know by now what this game is about, so not much to say about this one. This is like to be either a Sabbat game, but not in the way you are thinking Wink. Or a Gehenna scenario, this is literally the end of the world when all the big nasties wake up for their slumber and if you think Zakk is scary in the morning you ain't seen nothing Laughing.

All Flesh Must be Eaten:
This is basically a George A Romero movie simulator, ever seen a zombie movie or played a zombie game and thought I wish I could take part or wandered how well you would do in the zombie apocalypse. Well then this is the game for you. Very much a tool box game rather than an actual setting, can be anything from ZOMBIES IN SPACE! too Vikings fighting of hordes of the undead.

Call of Cthulhu
This game revolves around ordinary characters trying to defeat the insurmountable horrors of the universe and beings from beyond time and space. If you have ever played Eternal Darkness for the Game Cube you have an idea of what this about. This game has a reputation for killing characters in horrific ways or them winding up in a mental institution. It is set in the real world, very much like Vampire in this respect, but you can end up on other worlds.

Dark Hersey
Set in the Grim Darkness of the future in the nightmarish 41st millennium, you play as a group of acolytes working for an Inquisitor. The Inquisition is in effect the Gestapo combined with the KGB that have access to nuclear weapons and can do whatever the hell they like. Before you get delusions of grandeur as an acolyte you are on the lowest rung of the ladder and little more than another tool to be used by and discarded by the Inquisitor.

Demon the Fallen
Another White Wolf game, set in the real world, this is what happens when Paradise Lost actually took place. Lucifer and his angels fought his war against God and the heavenly host, they lost and where imprisoned as punishment for their crimes. Now they are escaping and find this world, with no sign of the angels that once looked over mankind and the divine spark that resides within everyone little more than a lowly smouldering ember. They possess humans that have eroded their souls either through drugs, drink, apathy, TV dinners or simply by existing. Some wish to continue the war against God other’s wish to make amends, some just wish to watch the world burn.

So those are your choices, if you wish to know more ask away. If there is a tie then there will be another round of voting if there is still a tie after that then I'll decide. There are only 5 slots for this game, so if you want to play then express your interest asap. I will be working with the players closely to make their characters, as they will be created before the session begins and they will have fairly detailed backgrounds. More details to follow. Very Happy
Eblis
Eblis

Back to top Go down

Dusk till Dawn Game Empty Re: Dusk till Dawn Game

Post  Eblis Sun May 15, 2011 4:30 pm

Eh so I have votes with no idea who voted for what, or if people are actually interested in playing Suspect

Ah the system works....
Eblis
Eblis

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin22 Mon May 16, 2011 10:25 am

I voted for CoC

interested in playing
Martin22
Martin22

Back to top Go down

Post  KHAN! Wed May 18, 2011 11:02 am

I also voted for CoC. Looks interesting.
KHAN!
KHAN!
League of Dragons
League of Dragons

http://www.audioleak.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Eblis Wed May 18, 2011 11:46 am

Well it is out in front, beating Vampire by a single vote. At least two people have owned up to their votes, so that is something at least. Once confirmation from the other three that have voted comes in, then I think we can call this in favour of the Old Ones Very Happy.

Running the game with less than five is fine, but there ideally needs to be at least four for this to work. Although it might run with three if push comes to shove, but we shall see how it goes. Very Happy
Eblis
Eblis

Back to top Go down

Post  Knash3r Wed May 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Ah i voted for vamp, keeping with what i know Smile

CoC sounds a little..........Dangerous Laughing
Knash3r
Knash3r
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Eblis Thu May 19, 2011 4:00 am

Knash3r wrote:Ah i voted for vamp, keeping with what i know Smile

CoC sounds a little..........Dangerous Laughing

CoC is pretty nasty in terms of what happens to the characters, especially with the Sanity system, but it fits the setting, you are battling indescribable from outside time and space. So it only seems right, that not everybody survives, although how this is different from my normal games remains to be seen Laughing.
Eblis
Eblis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down